As Craft Central’s intern for the past 2 and a half months, I have had the pleasure of having a ‘behind the scenes’ look at the upcoming Made in Clerkenwell winter open studios.
With now over 118 confirmed designer-makers preparing to showcase their work, there is never a dull moment at the Craft Central office. With a constant influx of ceramics, glassware, cake stands, fashion accessories, and interior products, I've been given a wonderful taste of what can be expected at the event this week.
As we are counting down the final days leading up to Made in Clerkenwell, I've made a countdown of my own to share my anticipation. Have a look at which designer-makers I am excited to see this week at Made in Clerkenwell!
Carly’s Top 5 Fashion/Jewellery Picks:
5. Frilly by Lilly- cute hand assembled jewellery using reclaimed vintage bits and bobs
4. Black Cactus- hand printed materials and bespoke bag construction
3. OUTSIDER- fashionable ethical clothing
2. Sarah Stafford- eye-catching jewellery made from 18ct gold and platinum set with glittering diamonds and other precious stones
1. Katherine Elizabeth- beautiful hand-made millinery
Carly’s Top 5 Interior Products Picks:
5. DesignK- quirky interior products made for design lovers
4. EstherCoombs- striking homeware through illustrating discarded ceramics
3. Michelle Mason- bold and beautiful contemporary interior and giftware products
2. Goodwin + Goodwin- interior products with a graphic twist
1. Makiko Nakamura- narrative and fantastical ceramics
Now you know what I am excited for… Who are you looking forward to seeing?
Come check it all out this week, 22-25 November at Made in Clerkenwell!
Promotions and Sponsorship Intern